Sunday, August 8, 2010

One Last Gift

So we were going to hold off on giving Claire her present until her actual birthday but I couldn't wait any longer! She already got all the kitchen items, so this was the icing on the cake!

We bought this kitchen from Toys R Us and all the reviews said that it took 3 days to put together. Note: 3 days for the dads to put together alone. In other words, they don't read directions. I told Anthony we were going to prove them wrong. How? Well, ofcourse I was going to look at the directions and tell him what to do!

So Claire went down for nap and we went to work! Here are all the pieces laid out...there were lots and over 40 steps to put it together.

Daddy working hard as I dictate the steps and handed him the peices. Teamwork!

Overall, there was only 1 tricky part - adding on the counter - where the alignment was off a bit with the pre-drilled plugs, so we decided to skip putting in all the plugs and it was fine. And the finished product:

It took us almost 4 hours to do. I love this kitchen because its a lot sleaker than the plastic kitchens. It also goes nicely with the other wooden items she already has.

And now it was time to get Claire. At first she walked right by it. But when it finally caught her attention, she went right over and started playing. Here she is holding up the iron in excitment.

Unpacking her pots and pans getting ready to make us a meal.

I would of loved something like this when I was little. Let`s say Claire and I will have lots of fun with this over the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment