Tuesday, May 11, 2010

21 Month Milestone

Claire is 21 months today!!! She continues to amaze us with her vocabulary and "parrot" mimicking ways. At 18 months she was saying over 100 words and now I am positive this has doubled and she is saying full sentences such as: I like it...or I don't like it. Where's Mommy? Dada? Isaac? Oh my goodness! I hear/see birds...squirrels...cars...dogs, etc. I want cereal...or pancakes..or strawberries..or yogurt raisins...she loves these! Here is her latest monthly picture:

Some other cute shots.

Here is how you get her to smile: say show me your teeth.

Her mischievious look...she wears this one quite often.

A hug for the bear.

And a kiss too.

We have also seen in the last 3 months that she loves to sing! She is a lover of common nursery rhymes such as Oh McDonald, Twinkle, Twinkle and The Wheels on the Bus. And just recently, she started singing Baa, Baa, Black Sheep, which I got on film (press play below).




She has also mastered another thing....climbing! She managed to climb out of her crib so we have moved her to a toddler bed for now. It's actually great timing since we would of had to change her soon anyway with the new baby coming. Here are some pictures of her with the bed we borrowed from cousin Ryan. Now it is totally not jiving with the girly decor of her room (and I try to black that out) but in all honesty, this bed is completely Claire - as a lover of her big brother and soccer and Elmo ofcourse. Here are some cute photos of her with her new bed.

Check out all her stuffed animal buddies jumping on the bed.

Posing at the headboard that shows off soccer elmo.

And ofcourse a picture of Claire and Elmo.

And of Elmo and Elmo...Claire insisted I take this.

She has been doing well in the evenings with not getting out of bed. She has rolled off the side a few times, but we've got cushions down so she hasn't hurt herself. And the slideshow of months past:


No comments:

Post a Comment