Saturday, September 12, 2009

Our First Week Back

We have officially finished our first back-to-work, back-to-school, start-daycare routine!! We’re exhausted…………

Isaac had a good first week back. He didn’t get the teacher he originally wanted, but was happy afterall with who he does have. His B&A program is also getting better. When I picked him up Friday he was finally partaking in the activities with the other kids. I guess he felt a bit awkward initially being that he is the oldest in the group.

As expected, Claire’s first week has had its ups and downs. The first few days she refused to sleep in the crib at daycare (no shocker to us). They would have to get her to fall asleep in the stroller and then transfer her to the crib. On Wednesday night she decided to get up at 4am and would not go back to sleep. By the time lunch rolled around at the daycare, our little one fell asleep at the lunch table while eating her macaroni and cheese! I really wish they would have got a picture of that for us! The last few days have been good and she is starting to sleep in the crib and she is eating well. She doesn’t cry when we leave her and she’s happy when we pick her up.

I can’t say I love being back-to-work, but I am getting used it. It keeps me busy and my new group is really nice. Mostly I am in the zone when I get to the office – concentrate on getting things done and I’m out the door to pick up the kids!

We’ve managed to get some sort of schedule together for everything but it’s pretty hectic. Our evenings have come down to carting the kids to their activities, making lunches and dinners the night before, quick-cleaning while the kids are in bed, and having few moments of peace before we are konked out for the night. What would we do if we had 1 more????

Don’t be surprised that blog entries will only come once a week now (at most)!!

1 comment: