Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Daycare Transition

In preparation for full time daycare next week, Claire was allowed to visit her new daycare today and yesterday.

On her first day she visited for half a day (9am-12pm). I got to stay with her this time to help get her comfortable with her new routine. She had so much fun and loved being around the other kids and exploring the new grounds. The teachers were also very nice and patient. It was cute to see her sit at the lunch table with everyone. I asked to take photos but we weren`t allowed. Boo!

On her second day, she visisted from 9am-3:00pm but I left her alone with them to see how she would handle it. She totally didn`t notice (or really cared) that I left! When I was leaving it was outside playtime in the playground and she just darted to the door along with the rest of the kids. It was as if she`d been part of the group for so long. And....she ate lunch....and.....she napped!!!! I was totally surprised about the napping bit.

Looks like she`ll be just fine! It made me realize that she will have her own life one day - without us! How they grow up so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment