Friday, July 30, 2010

How is a Girl to Choose?

Tomorrow we are taking Claire to take her 2 year photos. Now we all know how much of a tom boy Claire is...but I would REALLY, REALLY, like to get her in a dress for her pictures tomorrow. She's got so many cute dresses that were bought for her and they've never been worn. So I wondered, how could I out-smart her and get her to cooperate? Well, I asked her if she wanted to play "dress-up" and this seemed to get her attention. I told her we had to dress-up and pick a special dress for her pictures tomorrow. I was getting her to buy-in, and then to seal the deal, I said we'll be giving these photos away at her birthday party (which she is SUPER EXCITED about) and we'll be giving pictures to Grandma and Grandpa. Well, the minute I said Grandpa, she snapped her head around and ran for the dresses to try on. Seriously I have no idea what magic spell he puts on these grandkids! Anyway, it worked and she was cooperative and even smiled at the photos when I said "say cheese". It was sooo fun! I told her she would have to pick one to wear tomorrow for her pictures and she did just that! I totally agree with her choice, but first...lets take a look at the options.

Dress #1 - a pink cotton stripe dress detailed with white stripes, ruffles and pink rosette. It has crinoline underneath so it's nice and flowy. She enjoyed shaking her hips.

Dress #2 - a yellow cotton dress detailed with large white daisies.

Dress #3 - another pink cotton dress with polka dot and plaid bows and trim. This dress also had crinoline underneath.

Dress #4 - another yellow cotton dress with mini embroidered flowers.

Dress #5 - a more casual dress, a yellow and pink cotton hawaiian print.

How could I pick? They were all so cute! My mom bought dresses #1,3 & 4 and the others were hand-me downs from my neices. I left the decision up to Claire and she picked this one:

I would have totally picked this one! I swear I did not sway her at all...honest to god! I just hope she is this cooperative tomorrow when we go. You'll all see the results soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment