Monday, April 20, 2009

A Taste of Daycare

Claire and I started a new program with the Ontario Early Years Centre today called Nobody's Perfect. The centre was very nice and Claire was very excited to be there. When we were about to start one of the workers came over to me and said, "OK, I'll take your daughter, you go on now." I was like WHAT??? No one told me that the course was only for Mom's and that the babies were taken care of by the workers at the centre. Well, as hesitant as I was, I let them take her (I was only in the next room and within ear shot). She had such a good time with the other babies and I didn't hear her cry the entire time. It was really reassuring to know that Claire could hold her own without Mommy. Here are some pictures of her at the centre.

Having fun in this foam circle activity centre. At one point, they put another baby in the circle with her and Claire got so excited. She just started babbling away and was telling this little boy all about herself.

She was so curious about all the new toys.

Looking up with wonder at one of the caregivers. They said that she was such a good baby.

Suffice it to say she will do just fine when she starts daycare in the fall. Let's hope Mommy and Daddy feel the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment